Legally protecting grandparents’ rights
Grandparents have rights to be involved in the lives of their grandchildren and to seek safe protection of their grandchildren when necessary. In cases of grandparent-child relationship breakdown, where grandchildren are at risk, grandparents may seek legal help to retain involvement with their grandchildren and to protect their them from harm.
Cantor Law Group divorce attorneys are based in Scottsdale and specialize in preserving the rights of grandparents. Typical examples where legal advice is sought in Phoenix includes:
- refusal of parents to allow grandparents access or involvement in their grandchildren’s lives
- parental abuse of a grandchild or grandchildren
- permanent custody, guardianship or adoption of a grandchild or grandchildren
Our divorce lawyers in Arizona have proven experience in family law cases, protecting the rights of grandparents. If you are a grandparent in need of further information or advice, get in touch with us for a free consultation. We listen in confidence and provide grandparents with legal options to retain their grandparenting rights.
More about grandparents’ rights in Scottsdale
Grandparents are increasingly becoming aware of their rights and nowadays it is more common for grandparents to exercise rights, such as:
- filing court petitions to request continued access and visitation of a grandchild or grandchildren
- filing child custody petitions for care of grandchildren
- filing adoption petitions for care of grandchildren
Cantor Law Group have over 70 years of combined experience. We have proven experience in litigation to protect grandparents’ rights, and are committed to successful outcome in such cases.
Frequently, grandparents contact us for advice on their rights to visitation of their grandchildren. There is a legal process to follow in requesting visitation through the court system. Criteria considered by the court include:
- minimum three month parental divorce
- minimum three month parental absence
- if a child is born out of wedlock
- the historical bond between grandparent and grandchild
Court requests for custody of grandchildren are more complex as evidence of parental unfitness is required. Our team of grandparents’ rights lawyers are highly versed in the intricacies of custody requests for grandchildren. Cantor Law Group has a proven track record of successfully protecting the interests of grandchildren, by powerfully representing the rights of grandparents.
For further information about visitation, custody and/or adoption of grandchildren, contact a Scottsdale grandparents’ rights attorney at Cantor Law Group. We are a Member of Arizona’s Finest Lawyers® and Listed in the bar Register of Pre-Eminent Lawyers®.